To the bench of Mayor and Aldermen
Questions in writing regarding violation of the soil protection act Trega site
We received the sad news that Mr. Leeijen has committed a serious mistake by having the Trega site cleaned up, thereby violating the soil protection Act.
Party Safe Maastricht has the following questions:
- Are you aware of animal species that might have been harmed as a result?
If so, which species? And will you make Mr. Leeijen compensate for the harm done?
If not, how can you be 100% sure?
- Why was no immediate action taken when Mr. Leeijen started the works?
- Can you guarantee that no harmful substances were released into the air by digging up polluted soil?
- Can you tell us whether churning up this highly polluted soil has any impact on ground water? If so, what are the consequences?
- Can you tell us whether soil was actually removed from the site?
What proactive actions will you take in the future to prevent developers from getting started without a license?
Awaiting your reply,
on behalf of the of the Party Maastricht Safe group,
civilian member of the city council