To the bench of Mayor and Aldermen
PO Box 1992
Maastricht, December 5, 2021,
Subject: questions in writing regarding delayed completion Tongerseweg
Party Maastricht Safe has had to hear from the press that the work on Tongerseweg will be completed later than planned. We have the following questions about this:
- Since what date have you been aware that the work cannot be completed in time for Christmas?
- Why did you not inform the council by letter and do we need to hear this fact through the media?
- Do you already have an idea of when the work can be delivered?
- Who will pay for the overrun in costs that will inevitably be involved in this project.
- Do you agree with us that you have planned the project too tight or that you have had it planned and that this needs to be improved in the future?
- What will you do to compensate entrepreneurs who are now losing extra turnover due to the inaccessibility?
- Are there any parts that can be delivered on time?
- When will you communicate with local residents and entrepreneurs along the road? Do not forget to proactively communicate with our Belgian neighbours?
On behalf of the Party Maastricht Safe,